Search - User list
Full Version: Perform tasks one by one instead of all at once?
Root » PDG/TOPs » Perform tasks one by one instead of all at once?
Renier
Hey there. I'm hoping to get some help with something that should be simple, I just cant find it.

I'm generating lots of high rez meshes all going to a waitforall. But doing all the meshes at once overwhelms my system. So I need it to do once batch of only a few meshes at a time. I have them grouped into atlases, so currently I'm having to manually generate an atlas at a time.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
tpetrick
You can control the number of work items that cook concurrently by changing the options on your scheduler node. For example, on the local scheduler the "Total Slots" parameter determines how many job slots are available. By default it's set to 1/4 the number of cores on the machine, but it can be set to any custom value if needed. It's also possible to configure individual nodes to run work items one at time, by adding the "Single" job parm from the local scheduler to that node. There are more details about overriding scheduler settings on a per-node basis here: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/tops/schedulers.html#jobparms [www.sidefx.com]

If the work items are running in-process (e.g. in an Invoke, Python Script, etc), you'll need to create a custom instance of the "In Process Scheduler" TOP and control the job scheduling settings there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.