Render gallery can't save when using linux

548   6   2
22 posts
linux:centos8.5, houdini 20.0.590, server:win server

Attachments:
Snipaste_2024-03-29_13-54-53.jpg (34.6 KB)

22 posts
I can save hipfile , render image to server, cache usd or bgeo to server, but Can't save renderGallery.
253 posts
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/ref/panes/rendergallery.html#storage [www.sidefx.com]

You can control the path where the gallery saves/loads it data from.
More code, less clicks.
Staff
451 posts
cuihaifu
I can save hipfile , render image to server, cache usd or bgeo to server, but Can't save renderGallery.

Does a galleriessubdirectory of $HIPalready exist? If so, do you have permissions to write into it? If not, do you have permissions to create it?
Edited by robp_sidefx - April 1, 2024 03:32:26
22 posts
robp_sidefx
cuihaifu

Does a galleriessubdirectory of $HIPalready exist? If so, do you have permissions to write into it? If not, do you have permissions to create it?
It auto create the "galleries" folder,"*.stage" folder and "rendergallery.db" file ,but the file is 0kb,it says no permission
Staff
451 posts
If you delete that 0kb file and try again do you end up in the same position, or does it now work? We've been unable to reproduce anything like this so far.
1 posts
robp_sidefx
If you delete that 0kb file and try again do you end up in the same position, or does it now work? We've been unable to reproduce anything like this so far.

I'm having the same issue on Rocky Linux 9.3, 20.0.653. If I delete the 0kb rendergallery.db file, it complains of the same error, creates the empty file again, and goes to in memory storage.
  • Quick Links