Search - User list
Full Version: H22 APEX Biped recipe & simple biped AutoRigBuilder
Root » Technical Discussion » H22 APEX Biped recipe & simple biped AutoRigBuilder
seven6ty
So new in H22 is a simplified recipe for creating a generic biped rig. You can see it in action here, in the video under Bipeds: Rig Setup.

https://www.sidefx.com/products/whats-new-in-h22/characters/ [www.sidefx.com]

When you select the APEX AutoRig Builder node, titled SimpleBiped, it automatically gives a pop-up asking you to Apply a Template, and to specify the mapping. I already have a Biped Setup node in the skeleton, which I thought would've handled the mapping, but evidently that doesn't do the job? I also can't seem to export it to a JSON file and then specify that in the Apply Template pop-up. And in the Build tab of the APEX AutoRig Builder node, I can't seem to specify anything for this. I can set it to use a Custom template, but it doesn't let me specify the JSON file I've already exported.

This causes it to not pick up any joint names, evidently. Unfortunately, I can't find much of any resources on how to use this setup, since it's so new. Does anyone out there have a clue?

Scene file attached...
seven6ty
And when the pop-up appears to specify a template, when I set it to Biped and Custom, I get a Python error, in the screen caps attached.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.