[Solved] Use color to override fur density?

3046   3   0
31 posts
Ok, I know you can paint fur density, which basically creates a Paint node with override color checked and set to > furdensity attribute.

But what if I've already got color on my source geometry, and I want to use that to override the furdensity attribute?
Edited by - 2012年4月5日 23:15:51
76 posts
I'm not that familiar with fur, but it sounds like the attribute sop should do it for you. Try typing in “Cd” (no quotes) in the from field and “furdensity” (no quotes) in the to field. This might not work if you have your color values stored in primitives and the fur is expecting it to be stored in the points or vice versa, but the attribute promote sop could fix that.
31 posts
Thanks for the reply!

I'm pretty positive that the color is stored in points, and the furdensity is looking for points.

I created an Attribute sop, and under Point setup Cd to furdensity. I don't get any errors, but I lose the color and it doesn't appear that the furdensity is being affected.

I even tried it backwards, by removing the initial color, setting a furdensity with Paint sop, and then making an Attribute sop where furdensity becomes Cd. Lost the furdensity this time, and no color was added just like no furdensity was affected before.

If anyone wouldn't mind taking a look at the file, I'm trying to change the attributes under GrassGrow_fur/skin/

Attachments:
furdensity.hip (3.6 MB)

31 posts
Got it. Somebody showed me that I needed a point expression in the value of the AttribCreate to pull from the color.

point(“/obj/GrassGrow/attribtransfer1”,$PT,“Cd”,0)
  • Quick Links