SideFX Software (SideFX) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal data collected at our internet web site. This Policy explains how SideFX collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using our internet web site.
General Non-Identifiable Information
In general, anyone can visit our internet web site without telling us who he/she is or revealing any information about business or personal needs. We sometimes collect non-identifiable information from visits to our internet web site, such as the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet service provider, the date and time you accessed our internet web site, the internet address of the site from which you may have linked to our site, the operating system you used, the pages you read and images you viewed on our site, and the content you downloaded from our site. In general, we will use this information to measure the use of our internet site and to improve the site.
Our Use Of Your Personal Information
Your personal information is intended to be used only by authorized SideFX personnel to provide quotes and other sales related information, to improve our content and product offerings and to generally support your use of our internet web site. Personal information we collect on our internet site may be used in the following ways:
- Inform you of seminars, upcoming industry events, promotions, new product releases and features or other information of interest;
- Confirm your product orders;
- Troubleshoot problems;
At any time, you may stop, or change, the email and other information sent to you by:
- unsubscribing from emails, forums and/or other registered programs;
- writing to email@example.com with a request to stop the email. Requests will be processed as soon as reasonably possible.
In general, we do not disclose your personal information. However, we may disclose your personal information:
- to a government institution, that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information;
- to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information;
- to our legal counsel, auditors, and consultants to permit them to perform professional services for us.
When you provide personal data to our internet site, such data is stored on secured servers. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we employ security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. No data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We will strive to protect your personal information, but we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online that information can be collected and used by others. Ultimately, you are responsible for the security of your account information and maintaining the secrecy of your passwords.