audio processing with chops

2629   0   1
245 posts
Hi. I created an audio loop with an third party audio sequencer outside of houdini. I have the files such that the audio is a certain length and there is a corresponding MIDI file with 16 discrete “chops” of audio for the main audio. So this way I could if I had a MIDI controller press one of each of the 16 pads as they are typical to be 16 and trigger a different part of the audio.

What I am trying to do is use Houdini to randomize the trigger of audio and render out an audio sequence from Houdini. Even if Houdini won't render the audio I can record the audio using a third-party application and playing back the audio in the Houdini interface.

My question is how do I set up the CHOPs end of the problem so that I can trigger each individual 16th part randomly. My initial thought was to create a line SOP and sort its points randomly and feed this geometry into CHOPs. I can animate the Seed value to rearrange my sort for at least 10 different ways or more. But am I supposed to use a lookup table CHOP and if so how? I am not that keen on how everything in CHOPs works.

Any help is appreciated. Happy New Year!
  • Quick Links