Turn image sequences into a texture to the geometry

6442   9   1
69 posts
How can i turn image sequences into a texture to the geometry?
390 posts
in the material you are using on the geo, you can use $F in the diffuse map parameter.
69 posts
i am using a mantra surface node in the geometry, in which there is no diffuse map parameter to be found, what i found is a color map parameter instead, and there are three value field, should I type $F in them all? I just trying to import a video into a geometry. thank you!
390 posts
sorry, its called base color map. so check ‘use color map’ and then in ‘base color map’ enter the path to your image sequence, - $HIP/seq/myseq.$F4.tif

if you just want the raw video though, you'd be better off adding texture support to a constant shader
69 posts
Thank you so much for your help here! I am new to houdini, and I surely want the raw video in my case, would you please explain a little bit more about the constant shader support? Thanks again for your patience. In addition, why are you using a $F4 in this case? What does the number “4 ”represent here? Thank you so much.
390 posts
the 4 is just for padding. so if your images were-

myimage.0001.tif
myimage.0002.tif

then it would be myimage.$F4.tif

if it was myimage01.tif, myimage02.tif, that would be myimage$F2.tif

myimage1.tif - myimage992.tif would be just myimage$F.tif
390 posts
for the shader, you can use a texture vop to grab the color from your images. im not positive but i believe you will need to promote the map parameter outside of the vopnet to use $F in it.
69 posts
what if my image sequences start from “myimage.0000.tif”, instead of “myimage.0001.tif” ? I found that by using veriable $F4, Houdini can only read from “myimage.0001.tif” as first frame and omitted myimage.0000.tif.
what expression should I write to fix this? thank you.
330 posts
instead of $F4 try `padzero(4,$F-1)`

( the number in red is the offset from houdini's time )

.cheers
except the things that cannot be seen , nothing is like it seems .
69 posts
Thank you very much, I understand now.
  • Quick Links