License Error: Unable to connect to hserver for license acqu

7068   3   1
18 posts
As noted in topic, Houdini isn't wanting to start, after the 3rd install ;(

There was no ‘standalone’ option to choose as the faq mentioned so I just went with default checked options, yet I still get this error.

Houdinilicenseserver is running under services, but hserver is not , so no doubt this is causing the trouble, but how do I force that exe to start ? I tried the command line, but im not understanding how to get it to start, as just running hserver only shows me the options, none of which seem to tell me how to start it up.

I get this trying to start hserver ( given if that isn't running, my understanding from FAQ is that communication won't be working):

C:\Windows\System32>hserver -l
No server found at localhost:1714

thx
nl
7768 posts
Go to the Services in control panel. There should be an entry for Houdini License Client. Can you start that? You'll need admin access
18 posts
edward
Go to the Services in control panel. There should be an entry for Houdini License Client. Can you start that? You'll need admin access

Hi there

There is no license client mentioned, just Queueclient and Queueserver and houdiniserver.

I fixed it by just removing Houdini and reinstalling by checking apprentice. Why that's not set by default I've no idea , maybe such things should be noted for newbies

Cheers
7768 posts
Sorry, you're right, it's “HoudiniServer”. I swear it had a more readable name before but it looks like that's changed.
  • Quick Links