delete houdini apprentice 6 license?

7400   2   1
3 posts
Hello,

I had houdini 6 apprentice installed and license updated as of 4/10/05. Then, I downloaded apprentice 7, installed 7, and uninstalled 6. Now, I can't get a non-commercial license for houdini 7. Every time I try to get a license it just hangs my computer and I have to do a hard re-boot. When I look at the license server, it still says that it is running houdini 6 license.
Is there a way to delete the license for 6 so I can succesfully get a license for 7?
BTW, I am running this on Win XP.

Also, I have tried stopping and starting the license server. I've also tried stopping the license server and then re-installing apprentice 7. I've even tried trashing the hserver.exe and sysinetd.exe from the SYSTEM32 folder. then re-installing apprentice7. All to no avail. It keeps looking at the apprentice 6 license.

Thanks,
dante :?: :? :?:
344 posts
Stop the servers and go delete the license file. It's in cwindows/keys I think. Then, restart the license server and acquire new keys.
3 posts
Turns out it was my firewall (Norton Internet Security). ops: Even though I made a rule that said to let hkey (or something like that) through the firewall, it still didn't work. I shut down Norton all together and it worked. Once the license was installed, I started up Norton again and everything worked out fine.
  • Quick Links