Updating Exports <- Evaluating Python; whats going on?

3070   4   1
84 posts
Heya,
a question - when I put down a custom otl, Houdini immediately into cooking mode with the message mostly on display beeing:

“Updating Exports <- Evaluating Python”

This can take minutes in some cases. My question would be - what's happening? And how can I stop that from happening (or make it faster)?

Thanks,
Carsten
carsten kolve - ds @ image engine
7735 posts
It's hard to say because. What happens is that “Updating Exports” was the *last* thing that it was doing. The real thing that it's doing isn't outputting any messages so it stays at “Updating Exports”. I tried to fix some of these after H14 was out the door but there's lot of stuff that still doesn't report.

You could try turning on the Performance Monitor first and switching it to event log view. You then need to enable the toggle at the BOTTOM of the performance monitor pane. Now put down your otl.
84 posts
Thanks for the tip - will give it a try!
carsten kolve - ds @ image engine
3 posts
Did you end up solving this? After a windows update, houdini just started doing this for every node I create and has become so slow it's unusable. It could also be due to an ndidia driver update.
7735 posts
You might be running into this: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/49544/ [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links