Help Editing Parameter Interface

2714   2   3
4 posts
Hey! I'm still really new to Houdini. I created a tool that generates “micro-planets”, like the planets in super mario galaxy.

I made it so that you could change the terrain of a planet with a number of parameters in a Attribute VOP node. It works fine, and I can edit the paramters on geometry level, but when I try to expose those parameters into the object's parameter interface so that I can export it as a houdini digital asset and/or edit the parameters at obj level, I get an error and the planet disappears.

In the Attribute VOP that creates the terrain, I get the following error multiple times:

“Errors or warnings encountered during VEX compile:
Invalid command line; the required argument for option '–output is missing.”

What went wrong/what should I do?
1799 posts
that sounds like a fun project! its a bit hard to tell without screenshots or a hip file are you adding parameters to the interface and THEN making it a digital asset, or do you already have the digital asset and are you trying to promote parameters?

have you seen this vid by Peter Quinn? is a nice basics on how to make digital assets

https://vimeo.com/30231470 [vimeo.com]
-G
4 posts
I got it worked out, thanks! I hadn't seen that tutorial, I had skipped a few steps while preparing the asset to be exported as an HDA.
  • Quick Links