Tool handles in UE

3564   4   0
5 posts
Dear forum,

I wanted to take a look at the Houdini engine for UE 4.8.3. So I made a simple tool. In consists of a line with two points and a bridge is build along the line.
The start and end of the line can be translated to change the length and position of the bridge. I also exported the handles for both sides to the digital asset for better control.

After I imported the tool in UE the tool worked fine. Except for the handles.
I can still translate the two points in the parameters, though. But in my opinion it's a bit fiddly to position the bridge in that way.

Is there a way to get handles, or similar control, in UE?
Thanks in advance!

-Bram
173 posts
Hello!

Yes! We added handles support in 4.9, but it has not been backported to 4.8 . Are you able to use / switch to 4.9 ?

Thank you!
5 posts
Sorry I replied so late, I've been accepted for an internship and had to take care of several things.

Meanwhile; I have switched to 4.9.2. But sadly with the same result.
Is there something I have enable in UE? Or did I maybe export it the wrong way?
I have attached the .hda to this post.

Attachments:
Rope_Bridge_01.hda (29.4 KB)

173 posts
Hello! I think your asset exposed a bug in our handle code As I understand you have 3 handles, but only one is coming through Houdini Engine in UE4, and it is covered by default UE4 gizmo, so it is not visible. (You can select handle component and drag away the default gizmo to expose the existing handle - if you need quick work around).

I filed this as a bug #72549 . And we will try to address it ASAP.

Thank you!!
5 posts
Thanks! It did work with the one handle.
I'm glad this little tool could be of use =P

-Bram
  • Quick Links