Relative Alembic Object Group Path

2968   2   1
6 posts
Hi I had a question to see if this would be possible. I'm fracturing about 30 crates imported from alembics. While I'm preparing the geometry for fracturing I'm making a subnet that takes the input crate alembic. Using an alembic group node I'm trying and access a relative path for each crate.

crate has a hierarchy of:

/wooden_crate_01/horizontal_front_back/crate_wood/crate_wood_shape

so I'm trying to take in the incoming crate for example crate 01 make the object group path more relative like /../horizontal_front_back so I can run through all the crates at once to separate the different directions because after the crate number it's the same for every one for example.

/wooden_crate_02/horizontal_front_back/crate_wood/crate_wood_shape

Hope this makes sense if not I'll prepare an example file.

Christian Olan-Geddes
14 posts
You can throw in a wildcard( * ) to separate the horizontal_front_back.

So if you put @path=/wooden_crate_*/horizontal_front_back/crate_wood/crate_wood_shape

it should separate out the geometry you need. Attached a file with an example. Hope it helps

Attachments:
seperate_abc_v01.hip (88.0 KB)

6 posts
onkel_eilert
You can throw in a wildcard( * ) to separate the horizontal_front_back.

So if you put @path=/wooden_crate_*/horizontal_front_back/crate_wood/crate_wood_shape

it should separate out the geometry you need. Attached a file with an example. Hope it helps

Thank you so much! I wish I knew where to go to learn more things like the wildcard trick.

Christian Olan-Geddes
  • Quick Links