How to bend a thruster

1405   1   0
49 posts
Hello guys,

I have accomplished a thruster effect, using particles which I simulate at the origin. The problem I am having is to bend the thruster as the object from which the thruster are emitted, rotates swiftly. Is there a way I can accomplish this bending effect with respect to the the rotation of the emitter object and have control over how much it bends?

So far I have tried,wind in pops(too unpredictable), point deform, wire deform, point advection using vdbs but haven't had any luck so far.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!
18 posts
I think I understand what you're going for visually, but physically the stream from the thruster wouldn't bend as such. Each particle should follow the axial direction of your source that was true when the particle was emitted. A visual bending effect happens when particles further away from your thruster are following a different direction than particles closer to the thruster (i.e. emitted more recently).

Try slowing down the velocity of your particles, to make this difference more noticeable. If all your particles have a high velocity and short lifespan versus the rotation rate of your thruster, the effect is probably too subtle to be seen.
  • Quick Links