Icons scaling on HiDPI

1726   2   0
2 posts
Hi there, i am have a trouble with those side viewport toolbar icons, seems like they are have fixed scaling value that depending on the system scaling factor, because any parameter of ui scaling inside of houdini does not change they.
That is pretty uncomfortable to see such small icons (I am pretty far from screen), so, maybe there is way to fix it? Maybe some custom global variable that i don't know?
Or wait until developers fix this?

Edit by ndickson: Fixed imgur links.
Edited by neil_math_comp - 2018年12月4日 15:49:57
146 posts
Didn't know you could scale the UI from houdini.env. Huh.

But the scaling seems to work properly if you do it from the Preferences dialog. Try removing the line from houdini.env, and setting your UI scale in the Prefs, then restarting Houdini.
2 posts
howiem
Didn't know you could scale the UI from houdini.env. Huh.

But the scaling seems to work properly if you do it from the Preferences dialog. Try removing the line from houdini.env, and setting your UI scale in the Prefs, then restarting Houdini.

I already do “Large” preset in prefs, and yes, built-in presets really change this icons size but, HiDPI preset looks too big in view of all my system scaling, i have a 4k monitor and do fractional scaling on 150% to make like QuadHD (2560x1440) space.
In total HiDPI looks much better in terms of visibility of icons, but space.. of course there is still way to hide most interface elements and work like in Pro-mode only remembering everything in mind and with hotkeys but i am fresh in Houdini and for first of all wanted to see all interface aspects and indicators.
  • Quick Links