How to keep attributes in changing topology.

1318   1   0
47 posts
Hello everyone,

I have a pretty complex shape (it's volumetric capture data) that changes every 30 frames or so. I would like to keep the point id attributes the same around the points where they are originally created. I have created an attribute transfer that transfers ID's and point colors (for visualisation), I have a switch that switches to this attribute transfer within a Solver SOP.

I have used a SOP solver for this and it worked, for one frame that is. After the switch in topology the ID and color attributes stay the same for one frame, after that the attributes reset again. It seems like I am pretty close to a solution, the ID's do stay the same in the same area after the topology changes. But a frame after that it changes again. Is there any way I can keep the changes made in that one frame for the model? I have created an attribute that detects whenever the topology changes.

This is the geometry before the switch.

This is it after the switch and most id's seem to be in the right spot.

Now it seems to have reset the attributes anyway while I just solved it a while back.

this is the node tree for good measure.
Edited by Yehbe - 2019年6月4日 06:09:07

Attachments:
after_switch.PNG (1.6 MB)
gone.PNG (2.2 MB)
node tree.PNG (27.9 KB)
Before.PNG (2.0 MB)

Windows 7| 24 GB RAM DDR3| AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core Processor 3,8 Ghz | Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
47 posts
I fixed it, my solver SOP was very cluttered so I put most of those nodes outside. Then it was a simple switch node that switches between an attribute copy and attribute transfer of the previous frame. I have an attribute that switches to on every time the topology changes, and when that switch happens, the attribute transfer is in effect and at all other times the attribute copy is in effect.
Windows 7| 24 GB RAM DDR3| AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core Processor 3,8 Ghz | Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
  • Quick Links