How to assign every point`s weight different in blendsharp ?

4058   4   0
21 posts
How to assign every point`s weight different in blendsharp ?
Hi, although I can use group to change blend order, but I couldn`t assign every point`s blendsharp weight different .so I want to know how i can assign every point`s weight different so as to “ if point`s number%2==0 weight==0.5,others weighti==1 ”? like useing image luminance.I use chop==>image to display it`s color graph ,but I don`t know how to translate to object`s point position. did houdini have some tools could change every point`s weight like paint?
help me thankyou
21 posts
help me ! help me !
7760 posts
Simple example. If you want to paint the weight attribute, then insert a Paint SOP after the attribcreate. Turn on Override Cd on the Paint and type in ‘weight’ as the attribute to paint.

Attachments:
ptblend.hip (164.4 KB)

21 posts
this file I use group to control order, but I want to diffrent every point`s blend weight by useing image luminance or by expression,like some point ($PT%5==0) has blend to 1 when in frame 10, but some point start blend at frame 11 and stop blend at 0.6 weights,others slow down 1–>0.3 blend weight, How to do ? Do blend weight pre-point?

Attachments:
PPblend.hip (201.5 KB)

7760 posts
Then as in my example file, you just need the Point SOP from there, change the $WEIGHT to something else based on $CR, $CG, $CB (ie. the colour component attributes). You don't need CHOPs at all (or the BlendShapes SOP either in this case). If you want luminance, then use something like (0.299*$CR + 0.587*$CG + 0.114*$CB) instead of $WEIGHT.

For time based stuff, you can further modify the expressions with if() expressions based on $F.
  • Quick Links