CHOPs data vanishes!?...

3557   2   0
22 posts
Hello All,

I've recently started animating and discovered that frequently the CHOP's graph/table/dopesheet window turns completely gray. It has happened with both several channels scoped and just one channel. I can still see the groups, bars, buttond, etc. but I can't rescope any channels. Nothing else in houdini seemes to be effected but everything I've tried can't bring my CHOPs back to life. Additionally, this problem is independant of whether I'm using CHOPs as a panel or torn-off window. The only thing that remedies the issue, only temporarily, is a complete restart; closing the file/houdini and reopening either does nothing.

Win2K, 900xgl quadro with 40.72 drivers, dual monitors and 2GHZ Xeon precessors, 1Gig Ram, Aprentice Version

Any Ideas; Thanks..
7745 posts
I think you actually mean the Channel Editor window. I believe that it is a redraw issue. When you seeing it goind gray, if you simply pan a bit by dragging with the right-mouse button, does it not restore?
22 posts
Yes, I do mean the chanel editor (sorry); but nothing seems to get it back other than a complete restart. Even closing and reopening just the file does nothing, nor does exiting and ropening the program. I have to restart to bring it back…I should also add that about half the time with this problem houdini goes into a segmentation? error so my only recourse is to restart, but the other times everything else seems to be working fine, but the channel editor won't come back.
  • Quick Links