'unreal_instance' orientation and 'Copy to Points' Issues

1801   2   1
2 posts
Hello!

I've only been using Houdini for a few weeks, so I'm still learning but having a lot of fun with it.

I'm working on a Medieval Tudor building generator and I've come across a couple of problems recently that really have me stumped.

Using unreal_instance, all the instanced meshes face the same direction, but I assumed they are each supposed to face the direction of the target point's normal. Am I using this correctly? I would like for them to all face the direction of the wall they're attached to.

One of my Copy to Points nodes stopped working correctly, seemingly for no reason and I can't seem to track down the root cause. The vertical beams that I'm copying show up in Houdini, but don't appear in UE4.

Both of these issues are highlighted in red in the attached HDA.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

Windows 10
Houdini 18.0.499
Unreal Engine 4.25

Attachments:
Masonface_tudor_New1.hda (35.1 KB)

40 posts
I'm still learning myself but had a quick look and it seems that when you were merging the beam points an invalid sop was specified, just re referencing the Out_Beams_Lower & Out_Beams_Upper sops got it working.
2 posts
Hmmm, I tried your suggestion but it's still not working. It shows up just fine in Houdini, but doesn't show up in UE4.

Thank you for looking at it though!
  • Quick Links