Motion blur on alembic export to cinema 4d/octane

8263   6   2
4 posts
I have a noodle simulation that im exporting too cinema 4d but when I enable motion blur in octane nothing comes up. I have the velocity attribute on points currently in houdini. Is there something I'm missing in the export settings?
Edited by kwebber321 - 2021年1月3日 21:12:23
2 posts
I'm not sure if this will fix your issue, and I know it's a bit of a late reply, but I was able to get motion blur in c4d/octane (using Houdini exported alembics) by adding a Octane object tag to each object--it won't work on a null-- and then turning on the transform/vertex option. Then turn motion blur on in your octane camera and set your frame rate. Like for 24 fps it would be 1/48. You can mess with the cache to get different results. I only just figured this out myself, but so far found that exaggerating the look gave me the best renders.
6 posts
srcare
I'm not sure if this will fix your issue, and I know it's a bit of a late reply, but I was able to get motion blur in c4d/octane (using Houdini exported alembics) by adding a Octane object tag to each object--it won't work on a null-- and then turning on the transform/vertex option. Then turn motion blur on in your octane camera and set your frame rate. Like for 24 fps it would be 1/48. You can mess with the cache to get different results. I only just figured this out myself, but so far found that exaggerating the look gave me the best renders.

Hi I'm also struggling with getting motion blur on a imported alembic in C4D, it used to work with vertex speed but this makes octane crash now. Never got transform/vertex to work... could you maybe share a file or screenshot of your alembic node set up?
Thanks!
Edited by RizonParein - 2021年6月22日 03:47:01
1 posts
For me, I add a timeblend node before the cache/alembic ROP. Check on Use Velocity When Interpolating Position, and keep the rest default. In your Alembic ROP enable Use Motion Blur and set the samples to 5, and 1 for each shutter. Next, in C4D import your Abc file, under streaming select "Other Attributes". Then add a C4D Octane Tag, and set motion blur to Transform/vertex. If you dont see it right away just jump forward a frame and update the IPR.
385 posts
i am trying to do the same for redshift but its just not working.

i have a deforming geometry i then use a point velocity to calculate the angular velocity,
i check the motion blur check box on the alembic rop 5 samples and 1 for the shutter.

i import in cinema 4d i can see my velocity attribute
i add a redshift object tag turn on motion blur - transformations and deformations and check motion vector - and drag my v attribute there for x y z

nothing.

Attachments:
1.JPG (28.5 KB)
2.JPG (14.8 KB)
3.JPG (29.8 KB)

1 posts
papsphilip
i am trying to do the same for redshift but its just not working.

i have a deforming geometry i then use a point velocity to calculate the angular velocity,
i check the motion blur check box on the alembic rop 5 samples and 1 for the shutter.

i import in cinema 4d i can see my velocity attribute
i add a redshift object tag turn on motion blur - transformations and deformations and check motion vector - and drag my v attribute there for x y z

nothing.

It works for me just using your setup and enabling 'Deformation Blur' in Render Setting/Redshift/motion blur

Attachments:
Cattura.JPG (47.9 KB)

1 posts
Hello, this post for someone like me who looking for an answer and didn't find it, so when you exporting any Houdini particles don't forget to create a group in pop net for first solver and name it, then most important you need to put your particles to poly mesh (copy to point node). And then in octanetag chose "vertex speed" so now you can use your .velocities and have some motion blur)
  • Quick Links