Light Box visible in object reflections.

1466   3   2
12 posts
Hi, I am lighting a scene, and the material of my surface is reflective. The issue is that top-down area light (no matter how far I place above the object) is always visible in reflections as a white square/rectangle.

I do want light to cast reflections, but I do not want the light box / light source to be reflected as well.

My light geometry is turned off. Turning off reflection contribution takes away main scene reflections too.
Victory Loves Preparation
12 posts
Attaching a rough render. You can see the lightbox in reflections on ground and background.

Attachments:
best_res4.jpg (1022.8 KB)

334 posts
kiratsinhjadeja
I do want light to cast reflections, but I do not want the light box / light source to be reflected as well.
This is a bit of a contradiction. In your scene, the only things showing up in reflections are the cubes and the light source.

If you want to disable the light from appearing in reflections, do it in the Light tab, under Contributions.

12 posts
Thank you, yes I tried this takes away reflection contribution as a whole. I do want light to do it's thing - cast reflection, shadows, etc. I just don't want the light box to be visible in reflections.

For example in screenshot above, if I turn off reflection contribution, cubes stop reflecting on ground too. I just want the light source to be gone from reflections. The cubes have reflective surface and bounce light off each other as well - upon activating this reflect contribution that goes away as well.
eikonoklastes
kiratsinhjadeja
This is a bit of a contradiction. In your scene, the only things showing up in reflections are the cubes and the light source.

If you want to disable the light from appearing in reflections, do it in the Light tab, under Contributions.

• Quick Links