Houdini builds... confusion

3304   2   0
509 posts
Hey Houdiniers,

I'm pretty confused about Houdini builds now.. I'm talking about the 8.1 and 8.2 branches … which one is the most updated? … what I dont get is if the branch separation is licenses only… or they are two actual different releases now…

If i'd like to stay up to date should I download 8.1 builds (which gets updated every few days) or the 8.2 (which doesnt get updated as far as I can see).

for example I was reading the log of changes for 8.1 updates and the Copy SOP get improved… this is reflected to 8.2 build as well?..

thanks for any light on this

cheers.
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
4262 posts
sum][one
Hey Houdiniers,

I'm pretty confused about Houdini builds now.. I'm talking about the 8.1 and 8.2 branches … which one is the most updated? … what I dont get is if the branch separation is licenses only… or they are two actual different releases now…

If i'd like to stay up to date should I download 8.1 builds (which gets updated every few days) or the 8.2 (which doesnt get updated as far as I can see).

for example I was reading the log of changes for 8.1 updates and the Copy SOP get improved… this is reflected to 8.2 build as well?..

thanks for any light on this

cheers.

Houdini 8.2 is just Houdini 8.1 with the new licensing. Any changes that happen in 8.1 should be added to 8.2 but I suspect things can slip. Regardless, if you don't need the new licensing then I would just stick with Houdini 8.1
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
509 posts
thanks a lot … it makes sense

cheers
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
  • Quick Links