about kinefx,On the Number of Frames

997   2   0
28 posts
I created some very simple models with round and square postures, then added some bones, no more than 10 pieces, and then made components of ik and fk respectively. Because I could not complete the switch, I kept adding ik and fk nodes upward. However, when I added more than 5 modules, the number of frames could not be real-time, from 44 to 14. If I continued to add ik or fk, it would be slower. At this time, there was still a problem with baking animation, Because of the lookat controller problem, the bone baking effect is not correct, so the baking option cannot be used. I want to ask the official how to handle this frame number problem

Attachments:
QQ截图20221209191141.jpg (43.2 KB)

28 posts
The CPU is an i9 graphics card and 3090. It should not be a hardware problem. Is it a program problem? How to accelerate?
134 posts
It looks like a big part of the problem is because you are adding controls on animated geo. This will be much slower because it has to rebuild all the constraints for every frame.

Its better to use a time shift and lock the animation to frame 0, then add your animation onto that static rig. Then when you have the animation that you want you can use a skeleton blend to add it back onto the animated skeleton.

adding ik to already animated skeletons will come at a cost.
  • Quick Links