problems with the rig and the bonecapturebiharmonic node.

1231   5   1
4 posts
hello, i am new to ill program.
I can't make a rig for a fbx character, the bonecapturebiharmonic node tells me that :
Warning
All points have assigned weights, nothing to solve.
And if i use the pose rig it moves only the skeleton and not the character.
what does that mean ?
236 posts
Really hard to diagnose without a hip file. It sounds like the weights already exist on the model but I'd assume that "Destroy Existing Weights" should remove them. Maybe try manually deleting any existing weight attributes on the model before the bone capture?

If the skeleton moves and the model doesn't, it sounds like a naming issue caused by the above. ie. Bone capture fails which keeps the existing weights that are named differently to your skeleton.

Either try deleting weights so bone capture works or edit/rename your skeleton to match the existing weights (but the latter is unlikely to work).
4 posts
thanks for the reply, but how do I manually delete the existing weight attributes on the model?
236 posts
martyna16
thanks for the reply, but how do I manually delete the existing weight attributes on the model?
Attribute delete sop and select the weights attributes
4 posts
I'm sorry, but I don't understand how to do it, here is the file maybe so I can figure out how to do it.
unfortunately I am a beginner and so many things I don't understand well yet.

Attachments:
puppet.hipnc (120.5 KB)

236 posts
That hip file just references a fbx file (aka it's just a link to a file on your computer). You can either upload the fbx file or embed it into the hip by using the "lock" on the node.

Also, it'd be better to upload the actual hip file you mention in your first post (with the bonecapture, error, etc) instead of this blank one.
Edited by robsdesign - 2023年1月13日 05:47:45

Attachments:
Lock_File.jpg (17.3 KB)

• Quick Links