Instancing Unreal Engine Actors working inconsistently

1197   1   1
2 posts
Hello! And thanks in advance for the help.
Like the title says I'm having a bit of trouble using the unreal_instance attribute for HDAs.
I am using Houdini Indie 18.5.759 Python 3 and Unreal Engine 4.27.2.

Oftentimes instances work when I first set them up, but after some time (multiple rebuilds/closing and opening ue4), the links don't form automatically unless specified by hand. If I sequentially assign each actor to the first instance slot, they will automatically fill the correct spot as well.

The correct actors will be chosen with multiple rebuilds until something triggers the links to break and orange question boxes to appear instead. They will stay broken unless the instanced objects are once again specified by hand - even if there is another HDA in the same scene referencing the same actor working correctly.

I am certain that the unreal_instance attribute paths are correct and I have yet to find any strong correspondence to clue me into what causes the issue.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue/what recommendations would you give to approach this?
This is a hard problem to replicate consistently but let me know if there is something helpful I can provide.

All the best
-Cole
1 posts
Hi Cole,
Did you ever get this working? I am curious since the versions you used are the same as mine and due to project contraints, software versions cannot be changed.
  • Quick Links