Smart Bundles in 9.0.740

2066   0   1
4140 posts
What state are these supposed to be in? Getting bizarre behaviour.

Intuitive-ness poor - with two hlights:

Try dragging hlight1 and hligth2 over - they make a regular bundle. Fair enough.

Make a smart bundle - drag a light to it - it changes into a regular bundle, no message.

Something not right. Wolfwood hits me backsides of the head as he's laughing his ass off and says I need to double click on that teeny little folder icon. A field requestor shows up. I mock him by showing that I cleverly can drag and drop an hlight onto it and get a start on the expression, he's still giggling. I enter /obj/hlight*, hit enter and…hundreds of little SOPs end up in my smart bundle and Wolfwood's lost it again.

OK, I need to set the filter below. Try again. It works. Success!

Now I want to see how smart my bundle is. I alter the name of “hlight2” to “fart”(my version of foobar)…and I still have two members in my smart bundle. I click on it - it now says “1” member - fine, it needed to cook. Except I look in the list and fart is there! I double check my filter expression to see if “smart” bundles are being too smart…and it's unchanged. That's a bug.

I'm tired of having Wolfwood laugh at me. Is this still a WIP?

Cheers,

J.C.

P.S. by way of positive suggestions:

Ctl-drag objects over make a smart bundle.
Allow me to double click fast over the text area too to call up the filter editor, or make the icon a little bigger.
Default the filter to whatever root level you're working on. When I drag and drop an object or light over, I expect to see those in the list, not their contents.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links