Houdini console error message

3731   5   1
8 posts
help i am getting this error message i have recorded a video and uploaded to below link

http://www.screencast.com/users/niceguysan/folders/Jing/media/150a995d-d09a-4e32-83c8-472847bacc1f [screencast.com]

i just keep getting the error message and eventually houdini hangs up, not responding
1632 posts
Hi,

Please provide more information about the Houdini version you're using, OS, graphics card etc. Also, what were you doing when the error started?

There are threads dealing with this before (search with “event queue full” as the keywords & check the “Search for all terms” option) and there is an environment variable that will help but it's best to provide more details so other users can determine if it's a bug or otherwise.

Cheers!
steven
8 posts
its houdini apprentice 9.5 .. i get this message when i open a hip file or when i leave one task and begin to do another task in houdini, at that moment i am not able to do anything else so i have to end task in windows , my graphics card is NVidia .
1632 posts
Hi,

What's the particular task you're doing? Can you be more specific? Modeling? Particles? Dynamics?

In the meantime, I would try to delete the houdini9.5 directory in C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\My Documents first then see if that helps.

Also, please see if updating the Nvidia graphics driver will help.

Cheers!
steven
8 posts
if i remove houdini directory from my documents houdini fails to launch, its just shows spash screen and nothing happens after that, and sorry its not NVidia its onboard intel integrated vga card….

i was working in python shell while i get this message i also get this message when i try to open hip file.
1632 posts
Please check out this thread [sidefx.com] on how to run Houdini with software OpenGL using Intel integrated graphics chipset.

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links