SLI settings

3353   1   0
12 posts
Hi guys,

I know this might not be the right forum for the question, but her is my situation,
I have a i7 mobo with 12Gig memory and a GTX280 graphical card running kubuntu 9.04.
Running Houdini on this setup has been problem free, so I decided to buy a couple of
GTX295 to see if the “working enviroment” could get smoother running SLI.
My problem is that it actually speeds up the OpenGL enviroment but starting Mplay more or less craches the screen driver.
I'm running the nvidia 180.51 driver in SLI “AFRofAA” mode which seems to give the smoothest worksapce.
Does anyone in here have any experience in setting up SLI for best houdini performance??

thanks in advance

Anders
7756 posts
Are you able to start mplay up with no command line arguments from the shell? If you can then, try doing that and then hit cancel to avoid loading any image. Now from mplay's main menu choose Windows > Display Options. Click on “Video Card Options”. Click on “Best Compatibility”. Click Close, then Accept. Now choose File > Quit. See if that manages to workaround the issue (eg. run “mplay default.pic”). If it does, then you could try playing with the video card options and see which one is the one that crashes the driver try logging a bug.
  • Quick Links