How to create LUT file?

6967   5   0
71 posts
Hello. I can't create LUT file. Just following the docs explanation from $HFS/toolkit/html/image/lut.html. Using simple table of values, just to see if it works.
Unfortunately, getting the same error every time: “LUT failed to load”. But cannot understand where is the error.
Here is my code:

Version 1
Format any
Type RGB
From 0 1
To 0 1
Black 0
White 1
Length 4

LUT:
R {
}
G {
}
B {
}
Alexey Mazurenko
665 posts
Hi Archie,

My first guess is that you seem to have 4 channels in your LUT but only setting to RGB in the header…

Also, what H version are you using? I know there have been a few bug fixes since 10.0.345.

cheers,
-j
71 posts
Hi Jacob,
There are 3 channels (RGB) in my header and I've created a table of values for each of them. As to docs, there must be more than 2 such values. And their overall number is limited by author imagination only.
Using 10.0.295 and will try a latest one soon.
But I think there is an error somewhere in my code, it would be so great to see a working example of LUT file for 1D LUT in text file format.
Alexey Mazurenko
665 posts
Ooops,

you're right about the channel number. Bit slow today…

To see a working one, you can write one out of COPs. If you run a quick Color Correct, then RMB you should have a write lut option.

Hopefully, in ascii.

cheers,
-j
スタッフ
5161 posts
10.0.344 is recommended if you're using LUTs. Otherwise, make sure you use a TAB, and not spaces, to separate the “Version” from “1”. This was patched in v344.
71 posts
Thanks, guys. Everything is ok.
Alexey Mazurenko
  • Quick Links