material naming bug?

3258   2   0
152 posts
I'm Houdini 10.0.374 for Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8

If I rename a material I created, then the material will not render. *object will be white*

Example… I create a vop vex surface shop, vop vex displacement shop and properties shop… select all three, shift-c to put them into a material… *and of course do all the necessary shader work inside*

then I select the material, drag and drop it onto my object in the viewport, and hit render… all is fine!

however, if i go back into shops, and change the default name of material1 to say mold… and then hit render, it renders white *as if the material path is broken*… but if i go and look at the materials tab of the object geo node, the correct name has been replaced in the path… *meaning the path uses the new name of mold*

so… just curious, is this a bug?

Thanks,
Jonathan
66 posts
I have exactly the same problem..is there a solution or maybe im doing something wrong, im on Houdini 10.0.401

Same happened with 10.0.430, im on ubuntu 9.04 x64
NicoZ
66 posts
I barely found a solution…i created first the Material node, rename it and then inside it the VOP VEX Surface. The material looks ok

I think the problem is when the vop vex is converted to material and renamed (maybe)
NicoZ
  • Quick Links