Um...HELP!!!

4820   5   1
527 posts
When I scope channels using the “v” key from my channel group list, houdini pastes a key at the same time! (This occurs in the dope sheet)

Is there something that may be bad on my side that would cause this or can someone confirm this is a bug.
:shock:

houdini 6.1.208 windoze xp pro sp1, amd xp2100+ , Geforce 4600 ti
Edited by - 2004年1月14日 17:41:41
soho vfx
527 posts
This is a BIG DEAL!

Can someone please verify that this is a bug or if it is a problem on my side. :?
soho vfx
527 posts
The “v” key is used for scoping from the channel group list and pasting in the dope sheet. However this was never a problem before with houdini thanks to its mouse pointing sensitive nature
soho vfx
7722 posts
Hmm .. I don't see it … more precise steps to reproduce?
527 posts
I cant reproduce the effect with a floating channel editor(as I know thats how you like to work) ^_^

However, I can reproduce it in any “paned” channel editor in the dope sheet.

What I have in my scene is 2 objects. Each keyed at beginning and end of the time line using the “k” key in the view port and each has a channel group for those objects channels.

ie. light and geo. with light channel group and geo channel group.

In the dope sheet with a single object scoped I copy all the keys at frame one …..move the handle over to an abitrary frame and paste. Then I move it again. Mouse over to my channel group bin and use the “v” key to scope the other objects channel group. This usually will scope but it will say pasted keys at the bottom. And if I hit the “v” key again it will paste keys in the dope sheet where the handle is.

This is a very weird bug and it will do it consistently but sometimes just behave for an operation or two. So you have to be persistent making it happen. :shock:
soho vfx
527 posts
Hellooooooo! don't mean to be a bother… but this is really a “pane” in the arse
soho vfx
  • Quick Links