[need help]get error when import wx

3135   4   1
8 posts
Hi,
I am a user of houdini 10.0.528 and working on Ubuntu 9.04, after I installed the latest wxpython 2.8.10.1, when I try to import wx module, I got error like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “testApp”, line 1, in <module>
File “/opt/hfs10.0.528/houdini/scripts/python/wx/__init__.py”, line 45, in
<module>
from wx._core import *
File “/opt/hfs10.0.528/houdini/scripts/python/wx/_core.py”, line 62, in <module>
_core_._wxPySetDictionary(vars())
TypeError: _wxPySetDictionary must have dictionary object!

Does anyone has this kind of experience and know how to fix it?

Thanks!
790 posts
Hello,

Have you looked at this page?

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/hom/cookbook/wxPython/ [sidefx.com]

Cheers,
Koen
8 posts
I saw that example, that's why I try to use wxPython in the first place, but I cant even import the moudle.

I bought the 3D buzz tutorial on how to create GUI using wxPython, but they only showed the way in window xp, it works if I use houdini in windows, but I really want to use those features in Ubuntu…so any idea?
8 posts
In the 3D buzz toturial, when they install the wxpyhton using binary, they said houdini only support the ansi version. But when I install it in Ubuntu using apt, there is no option for me to choose which version to install. Is this why I cant run it on houdini in ubuntu? I followed the tutor and installed a windows version, and it works fine. Do I need to compile it using source code myself?
790 posts
I am sorry, beyond that page, I can be of little help, we moved completely to qt and spend some time building wrapper classes that help with pyqt, dont know a lot about wx.

Good luck,
koen
  • Quick Links