Houdini FBX import and export problem

6429   2   1
8 posts
Hi all,
These days i am testing the possiblity to export scene from Houdin to Maya and vice versa. But I got some problem here, can anyone came across these problem and can help me out? Thanks!!!

When trying to export a simple bone chain and a rigid bined skin from maya2010 to houdini10, the skin was deformed pretty weired, but the smooth bind skin seems worked. I looked into the nodes, and the cregion sops inside the last two joints are missing for the rigid binded geo. Even I copy the cegion sops from other joint node(houdini create a null with a cegion to fake a joint) into them, the geo was stilled massed up.

When trying to export a bone chain from houdini10 to maya2010, if there is any node other than bone between two bone nodes, that node's world tranfom will go wrong. Although the relative position between output bone nodes after that non-bone node is correct, but their world transform will also go wrong(since there input node's world transform is wrong). One more intersting thing is if that non_bone node is a null node, it will be changed into a joint in Maya.
350 posts
ranw0477
When trying to export a simple bone chain and a rigid bined skin from maya2010 to houdini10, the skin was deformed pretty weired, but the smooth bind skin seems worked. I looked into the nodes, and the cregion sops inside the last two joints are missing for the rigid binded geo. Even I copy the cegion sops from other joint node(houdini create a null with a cegion to fake a joint) into them, the geo was stilled massed up.
It sounds like the weights might be imported incorrectly. Can you provide an example file for this, exported to FBX in ASCII?

ranw0477
When trying to export a bone chain from houdini10 to maya2010, if there is any node other than bone between two bone nodes, that node's world tranfom will go wrong.
I'll take a look at this, too, hopefully soon.
Oleg Samus
Software Developer
Side Effects Software Inc.
8 posts
hi oleg,
Thanks for your help, here I uploaded two fbx files to demonstrate my situation.

rigidbind.fbx I used simple geo and bind it to a simple bone chain using rigid bind in maya2010. I can import this fbx back to maya which works well, but seems houdini has problem when interpreting it.

null_geo_in_between.fbx I created a two bones bone chain in houdini and made a copy of it, one I added a geo box in between, the other I added in a null. This is the way how I add controller to the bone, so I only need to transform the null or geo to control the bone rather than change the bone itself.

Hope you can help me out~~really really thank your!!!

Attachments:
fbxs_export.zip (23.1 KB)

• Quick Links