minor but annoying problems with viewport

3765   5   1
26 posts
Hopefully some of you have experienced these and might know the cause of the problem, and if it is in fact a bug or just a feature I might have accidentally activated. Updated my graphics drivers yesterday (NVIDIA GTX 280) btw

First problem: I can't see the floating gnomon in the bottom left corner of the viewport even though it's turned on in display settings.

Second problem: Seems like my viewport display for normals, points and point numbers is buggy. Sometimes it doesn't show, and I need to change contexts for it to show, and sometimes it won't go away, and I need to turn the buttons on and off several times.

Third problem: When I make some geo emit some particles (using geo as first context in a POP net) I can't see the template of the geo when I am in the POP net context.
7734 posts
dsierra
Third problem: When I make some geo emit some particles (using geo as first context in a POP net) I can't see the template of the geo when I am in the POP net context.

Offhand, I recall logging this bug (or similar?) and it was fixed. How old is your Houdini install?
26 posts
I downloaded Apprentice around mid May, and I bought a license for Apprentice HD a couple weeks ago. I'll check for sure when I get back home.
スタッフ
5161 posts
I believe all of these issues have been addressed since then. Try downloading a more recent daily build.
26 posts
Awesome, seems to be working now, thank you for the help 8), and I will remember from now on to check for the latest builds. For future reference, how do I go about transferring my apprentice HD license to a new build? Do I just uninstall the previous version first? This time around I released my licence from the license server and reinstalled it for the new build, but I was prompted that I can only do this 2 more times…so I'm not sure if that was the intended purpose.
4189 posts
It's automatic; the Apprentice License just works with the latest build. You only need to release the license when changing machines.

I'm updating my Houdini daily with each new build.
  • Quick Links