sesictrl disable code

3913   4   1
221 posts
I have a server that is not connected to the internet and I would like to return one of my licenses to SideFX. The command I remember was:

sesictrl -d id
where the id was the 8 digit code identifier for the license. This would give you a disable code that you could send to support@sidefx.com and they would put the entitlement back on the server (within the license agreements, and approvals, etc.)

But now sesictrl -d id tries to connect to the internet to return the license for me.

Does anyone know the sesictrl option to get a disable code?

Dave
181 posts
The license management instructions read as though the removal process requires direct communication with a remote server. But maybe you can fetch the id of the offline machine, but invoke sesictrl -d from a different host.

http//www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1208&Itemid=9#sesictrl

Attachments:
lic.png (25.8 KB)

221 posts
I actually got a quick reply from support and forgot to reply here, but the answer to my question is

sesictrl -t <id>

Dave
スタッフ
1449 posts
Just a word of caution, that ‘sesictrl -t’ permanently disables the license on the server, without crediting the user account with an equivalent entitlement. It is intended for special situations (eg, no internet access) and likely requires assistance from support. So it should be used rarely.

Instead, for any usual license returns, please use ‘sesinetd -d’. This properly returns the license back to the user account as an entitlement, which can be readily re-installed on another server, etc.
221 posts
Rafal is very correct on this. There is a warning that comes up that says you should only do this if instructed to do so by SESI support. Heed the warning.
  • Quick Links