FluidTank collision

2455   4   1
14 posts
Hi!

I'm having trouble doing the FluidTank Collision. I animated a bike that splashes some water.

My splash comes from a hole in the ground filled with “rain”—>here is my FluidTank.

I've already made the fluidTank with the shape of the hole and it collides with the ground but I can't make it collide with my bike!!!

My bike was rigged and animated in Maya 2013, and I imported it into Houdini as an FBX and ALEMBIC file. (I wasn't able to make them collide neither of them). This is mainly because the tire isn't the one that is animated (but my controls of the rig!!), so when I give the SOP path on the static collider to search for my tire, this one is not animated, it's just static.

Please! could someone tell me if my export from Maya was wrong, or is it sth that I'm missing to do in HOudini?!!
1391 posts
Do you turn on deforming geometry of static object ?

Select your bike's “Static Object” node in the AutoDopNetwork and turn on “Use Deforming Geometry” parameter
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
14 posts
yes! i have already done that and it's still not working
14 posts
Hi again! I kind of managed my problem, though I'm not pretty sure what the problem was. I exported my geo and animation in different ways from Maya (in a way that the geo dind't just depend on the rig animation: bake animation, Geo Cache , etc) until one of them gave me the appropiate result (though it gave me different results everytime, even if I followed the same steps; that's why I'm not sure how I solve the problem).

Now I just want to ask you… Why does my geometry look so bad?! jajaja
I used VDBfromparticle (but if someone could explain me its difference from the VDBfromparticlefluid, I would appreciate it very much)>then VDBSmooth>ConvertVDB

A lot of geometry was deleted in the process because if I added a lot of detail the liquid got a weird look (as if a lot of spheres were the liquid) but the complete splash was conserved. On the other side, the one that I used on my result, I ended up deleting a lot of geometry (still trying to conserve the most I could but getting an equilibrium with the blobby surface look—>trying to make it look smoother).

So please! some advice will be very much appreciated

Attachments:
BiciSplashView3.mov (3.6 MB)

14 posts
Another perspective of the same simulation

Attachments:
BiciSplashView2.mov (3.3 MB)

• Quick Links