Logo from ocean

2280   3   1
7 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to do the ‘logo emerges from ocean’ type effect. Where you see a swell in the surface before the logo/object breaks through and then water running off as it emerges.

I'm not sure of the best way to approach this. I've started with a ‘Flat Tank’ and I sort of get the effect I want when my object pushes up from below the flat tank to above it, but a flat tank doesn't have any waves for starters, plus the tank shape is completely ‘meshed’ so I can't see how I could blend this into an ocean that goes off to the horizon.

Can anyone help?
7 posts
anyone?
4189 posts
Can you upload your project file where you have got to please?
1391 posts
Sorry ,I don't have Houdini right now but about your first problem you can use Wave Tank(I think) instead of simple Flat Tank ,Maybe this shelf tool deleted from Houdini 13 , But I remember That we have something like Wave Tank in the Houdini 12.5.

Of course you can do it with some Custom Forces and change noise parameters on the Flip Tank !

About your second question , I usually render Ocean and Flip simulation in the different files and Merge them in the Compositing !

Just you should use same lighting , material and displacement for both ,I used HOT for Ocean and HOT material for shader before :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
  • Quick Links