TimeInc not working in DOPS

5190   2   1
28 posts
I am trying to get a simulation working based off of a system that I built previously. They are both derivations of boids simulations, the first was an air combat simulation, roughly similar to the one used in Ender's Game, though much less sophisticated, and the current one is a road's simulation. Both have been for research work on my math degree, so I am quite focused on the coding and mathematics side of each.

Now the problem, the first simulation I did works perfectly (well, almost) and the new one I can't even get to start moving. I think I have traced the problem down to the TimeInc VEX property is not progressing in my current file, and I am baffled as to why. I know that is an internally handled variable, so I am not even sure how to go about figuring out what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am hoping to be able to get a good chunk of this simulation written this weekend.

I am attaching the development file, as well as both of the OTL files that are housing my nodes.

Attachments:
airCombat.otl (106.0 KB)
car-behaviors.otl (9.6 KB)
Development.hipnc (154.8 KB)

606 posts
Adam Ferestad
I think I have traced the problem down to the TimeInc VEX property is not progressing in my current file, and I am baffled as to why.

TimeInc is “Time Increment”, ie the step size of how much the time will be incremented on the current timestep. Maybe you want to use Time instead? Or have I misunderstood your question?
28 posts
no, you were right. I have no idea what was causing the issues with getting it moving, but it is now. Thanks for looking anyway. No I just need to get the laning and turn behaviors in and I am basically home free.
  • Quick Links