Shape the fluid

3653   5   3
57 posts
Hi, everyone,
I'm trying to make the fluid to fit the shape I want.
I found that the entrance is narrow (the red part) at the bottom to make particles not fill the entire shape.
The orange part has no enough of particles.

My solution is to add a wind force with Sin Expression to make the particles swim left and right circularly. It helps a bit, but not much.

So, I need some suggestions and directions.
Thanks

Tony

Attachments:
question.jpg (226.4 KB)

1391 posts
You can use “Particle Separation” option in the FlipSolver :wink:

Flip Solver parameters –> Particle Motion –> Separation –> Turn On “Apply Particle Separation” and increase “Separation Scale” value 8)
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
443 posts
Reseeding does that. It's under Particle Motion>Reseeding.
57 posts
Joker386
You can use “Particle Separation” option in the FlipSolver :wink:

Flip Solver parameters –> Particle Motion –> Separation –> Turn On “Apply Particle Separation” and increase “Separation Scale” value 8)

The option is good to improve the problem, but the particles easily pass through the collision object. I edit the collision object to increase the thickness. Some particles still spilled out of the collision object. I used Sink Object to delete them.
How do you figure out? or suggestions?
Thank you.

Attachments:
P7.jpg (108.8 KB)

57 posts
PradeepBarua
Reseeding does that. It's under Particle Motion>Reseeding.

I've read the help about reseeding. It can help to represent the shape of the fluid surface. I've tried each parameter to understand how it works. Actually, I didn't get its idea yet.
Could you share your experience about using Reseeding?
Thank you.

Tony
スタッフ
2540 posts
Cavitation??? Something that happens with fluid pipe flow in reality?

You have a few options:

- inject air particles to simulate the cavitation? (then remove when fluid re-compresses)
- induce drag in the areas where the tube expands
- inject additional fluid (which will slow down flow for the rest of the fluid)

Inducing drag in the areas where the tube gets wider might be the easiest to make work. You could construct a drag field or just make the neck of the tube after the expanded area smaller to hold back the fluid.
You can also construct a flow velocity vector field that guides the fluid through the tube with a great deal of control as a pump. Reduce the velocity in the areas where the tube expands and increase in the narrower areas. Add curl to the velocity field to add character.

The last one “can” use reseeding which was designed more to support FLIP tanks but it will be fussy as you are finding out.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links