Editing data in CHOPs

2998   12   2
9 posts
I posted this on the Od force with no replies for a couple of days. If you guys could help out that would be great.

Hi all. I have some data in CHOPs and I would like to offset the value only on the frames, not in the actual value direction. Attached is a example of what I am trying to do. How do I get from the start to the end? I want it to be a linear flow too as illustrated by the orange line. Obviously I have many more frames then the 5 shown.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments:
Data.jpg (72.1 KB)

9 posts
Does anyone have some time to help me with this? It's pretty important that I figure it out for a project I'm working on. Thank you
15 posts
Perhaps this is an oversimplification, but if you need a truly linear motion you may not need CHOPs at all. I am far from a CHOPs pro, but on the technical side, if you have the start value and the end value and the time you need between those two values, then you have all you need to make a linear motion. You can ignore all the values in between.
Is that at all helpful?
Wish I could give you some specific tips in CHOPs. If you in SOPs I could get you rolling.
All the best with it.
~Ben
9 posts
Thanks for the reply.

The reason I can't ignore all the middle data(frames) is because I need each of them to be the same number apart on the VALUE, but have varying values on the FRAME side of the equation. Do you see what I'm saying?

In other works, lets say i have a sphere that is moving on the X direction and it is kind of pulsing like in the graph on the X direction. I could just delete all the frames in the middle, but that would defeat the purpose. I need the sphere to retain all the information and smooth its motion out accordingly.

Thanks
15 posts
Sorry my suggestion isn't fitting the bill. I was just interpreting the image you posted. In that example, the result would be the same if you just had the first point and the last point.
My only thoughts then would be to try a resample and/or a filter.
Fingers crossed someone else pops in with some wisdom
9 posts
Yeah Thanks for trying to help.

But yeah, if you look at the picture I attached, the dots only move on the “frames” axis.

Thanks again. Hopefully someone else with this knowledge will come in and shed some light.
スタッフ
477 posts
Did you try the Stretch CHOP node?
9 posts
Yes. That wouldn't solve the issue though. Again referring to my graph I need to be moving some points on the frame axis in the opposite direction as some to get a even curve result.

Attached is the same graph but hopefully will clear things up of what I need to do. Again, these are just a few points of over a 1000 frames. I need something that will work procedurally.

Attachments:
data arrow.jpg (69.4 KB)

スタッフ
477 posts
In CHOP you are likely to have already a value per frame, so it is more than only moving a sample back in time. You need to adjust all the values in between to make it look linear.

I played a bit with a Noise CHOP and a Filter CHOP set to Box Filter.
I was able to linearize a single bump segment by mixing them using a Composite CHOP.
I used the Motion Fx Y handle to position the Composite CHOP start, peak, release and end handles of the bump.
9 posts
Cool. Sounds like it might be the solution. would you mind uploading the hip?
スタッフ
477 posts
Here's the file.

Attachments:
filter_noise_range.hip (20.6 KB)

9 posts
Thanks, ill check to see if it works later when im home
  • Quick Links