Double Transformations

1552   1   0
349 posts
Hi.

Recently I have started to practice rigging in Houdini and I'm enjoying it. I'm rigging a dragon at the moment and I've run into what looks like a double transformation issue, but I can't seem to find where from.
The problem is this: I've rigged the tail section as a stretchy spline IK rig. Now when my control null which everything is parented to is moved up or down, the curve which controls my stretchy bones moves double the distance which renders my rig useless.

I ran into double transforms whilst FK rigging and solved that by parenting to the bone I want, then checking keep position whilst parenting, then re-parenting to the bone below in the chain.

If it helps the stretchy IK is done by pointSOP with origin expression, and a null with a arclen expression driving the bone length's.

The control nulls on the tail are following the transforms correctly, but the curve and the bones are behaving quite differently.

It must be something really simple I've missed. That many nodes going on in the network atm it's easily done.

Here is an image of the problem occuring.

Attachments:
doubleTransformation.jpg (202.5 KB)

349 posts
Solved: After a nights sleep and a fresh head to think with. Total user error, I had parented the actual curve geometry to mesh control null I have in the scene.
Silly silly me.
  • Quick Links