sort according to Group SOPs ?

2515   2   1
245 posts
How do I sort according to an ordered set of Group Sops? I have 60 group sops, each with 1 primitive, in a sequence group1, group2, group3 though the Prim number is arbitrary and not in the same order as the numbered groups. I want to sort according to an expression or attribute that takes into account the order and sequence of my group chain of nodes. Thanks in advance.
245 posts
Note: The purpose of this request is to use it in a file I had posted and gotten a response to. The solution (somewhat solved) used a ForEach sop and I want that ForEach sop to perform its operation according to the attribute value of the sorted $PR's .
8621 posts
if the value is all you are after then opdigits(stamps(“..”, chs(“../forstamp”),0)) can give you number from the name of currently processed group within foreach group. So just store it as an attrib and sort based on it after foreach using Sort SOP

also running foreach over groups is the least efficient way and you better avoid it if you can, having that as an attrib for foreach already would save you the hassle form the beginning

next time you are referring to some other thread, maybe post a link otherwise it doesn't help and you limit the answers only to handful of people who are familiar with it, so even this answer may not relate exactly
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links