H8 download trouble

4752   4   2
12 posts
I am trying to download houdini 8 through firefox 1.04 an recieve the error
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/www.sidefx.com/includes/mambo.php on line 349

any suggestions?

Thanks
52 posts
Hello!

I have Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6 and I tryed to download Houdini 8.0.317 for win32 and all went fine.

1) Check if you are logged on to sidefx.com when you try to download Houdini
2) Try using Internet Explorer or other browser, maybe this is causing the problem
Keep working! Johnny Worker!
4140 posts
That problem is related to cookies(it's thought) - to solve it, log into the forum first, then go to the download page. Going directly to the download page in the start of a session seems to trigger this problem. Firefox will work fine, no need for IE(ugh! ).

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
12 posts
I finally downloaded the files, but it took many attempts and was continually bounced back to login, I went through the forum as was suggested (note I just had trouble logging in now). I feeling is it is the f**~@#^$%&#% proxy at work here (large educational institutes and lumbering poorly managed networks).
Sorry for the trouble, I got it finally and yah.

Thanks and Bye

Karlos
330 posts
you may find you have a lot of network restrictions because there are too many students some of whom are extremely intelligent (and lets face it they are students, so time on their hands ) trying to “hax0r their gradez!!!!11” or cause a bit of mischief. not necessarily bureaucracy

• Quick Links