Spooky cookie

1868   6   1
184 posts
Heya,

got a little problem with a cookie operation. To make it short I'll add a screenshot and 2 vid files. Hope someone knows whats the problem here. Basically the cookie node is varying the cut out area or in some cases isnt working at all. Basically I want to cut out the Flip surface from the ocean surface in order to avoid dual refractions which would be visible wheh rendered. Unfortunately the cookie on the ocean grid doesn't work that reliable. Hope someone knows better how to do this.

Attachments:
2.mp4 (29.1 MB)
1.mp4 (6.3 MB)
cookie.jpg (209.1 KB)
cookie.jpg (209.1 KB)

702 posts
can you just use a bounds sop on the flip sim, then use that as the cookie cutter on the main ocean?

EDIT: after looking closer at your setup, I see you are using a box…maybe a subdivide or dived set to bricker will give more resolution to the box and give a better cookie result
184 posts
Hey,

I used a simple bound before but that produced the same problems. Maby I try to subdevide it. Man, this always takes forever to render..
184 posts
A subdivision of the box causes problems too. Is there a way to get this ******* cookie node to work properly?

Attachments:
cookie2.jpg (243.9 KB)

184 posts
It seems that subdividing the grid too does the trick. That means a lot of polygons since its 4,5 km large, but it works.
184 posts
It seems that subdividing the grid too does the trick. That means a lot of polygons since its 4,5 km large, but it works.
702 posts
are you just subdividing the grid in the area of the cookie? if not just use a bounds and slightly increase it, make a point goup from that, convert to a prim group and subd only that group
  • Quick Links