Attribute transfer lag problem

1491   1   1
49 posts
Hello all!

So, I am animating a sphere with red colour and transferring that colour to a black grid. Using a solver I then create a lag of the colour value on the grid.

The first method I use is ofcourse the Attribute Transfer SOP. This method works great and is perfect

The second method I use is a wrangle and I do a pcfilter by Cd and transfer the colour
Now the problem using this method is that when I do this transfer of attrib in the solver, it does not create a lag as I expect it to, like the attrib transfer SOP and I am curious as to why that is happening

Hopefully someone has the answer to this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Yash

Attachments:
attribTransferSOP.JPG (39.3 KB)
wrangleAttribTransfer.JPG (36.7 KB)
attribTransLag.hipnc (280.6 KB)

49 posts
So, someone at odforum helped me out, and a big thank you to that person!

So if anyone was looking at this post as well and wondering how it was solved, here is the soloution

So what I was doing in the wrangle was filtering out the Cd attrib and using the pcfilter func, so i open the point cloud using pcopen func and then use the snippet :
int mypc = pcopen( `op of the colour attrib`, “P”, @P, dist, maxpts );
@Cd = pcfilter( mypc, “Cd” );

so the correction was to make the second statement as follows:

@Cd += pcfilter( mypc, “Cd” )

Since I wasnt adding the Cd attrib to the transferred Cd attrib, it wouldn't add the lag of the colour
  • Quick Links