Mixamo autorigger not able to read rigged .fbx from Houdini, how do I link Mixamo animations to character manually?

4039   1   0
109 posts
I am attempting to upload a character into the Mixamo autorigger (40mb, rigged .fbx exported from Houdini) but the site gives me the “unable to read file” error. I then tried just uploading the original character .fbx from Zbrush but that gets stuck at “generating assets” on the autorigger… what should the export settings look like for this?

After giving up on that, I then just downloaded the animation .fbx from the Mixamo site and merged that into the Houdini project that has my rigged character in it. My question is how do I link the .fbx animation to the Houdini rig? I watched the tutorial on the pose library but still don't understand how I would link the two.

Can someone please point me to a tutorial or documentation on the process or explain how to link them?

Thank you so much in advance.
Edited by decksounds - 2017年3月18日 14:39:37
7732 posts
Houdini doesn't really have any high-level motion retargeting tools so unless your rigs are compatible enough, it might be hard. I assume you tried whatever this page discussed? https://www.mixamo.com/workflows/houdini [mixamo.com]

If your rigs are compatible enough, then might be able to add constraints between them but it's not easy to describe how to do this because it all depends on the rigs and requires good knowledge of transforms and Houdini.
  • Quick Links