Sending String data up to an OTL

1251   1   1
99 posts
So this seems like a dumb, stupid simple question but I have wasted enough time trying various things, I need to ask.

I often add string(detail)attributes into my networks basically as labels to build file names etc down the line in rops.

I got the bright idea that I could use these detail attributes to tell me in my OTL interface what the asset is I am looking at, like what i see in the spreadsheet. So instead of the slider just saying 22, having an accompanying string field tell me 22 is Dinosaur_xyz. My question is how?

I added a string parameter to my interface, but seem to only be able to get the literal expression of the attribute ie. details(“../switch1”, “name”) … not the actual string value I see in the geometry spreadsheet of.. “Dinosaur_b12”. Do I need to use a callback script?

I have tried a few ideas.. an attribute vop, where I bind the detail attribute, but exporting the string seems to get me no closer.. not sure how to actually populate a text field. Same with and attribute wrangle.. can make a chs(“name”); field but can't seem to populate it with result of the dynamic expression result. Seems like it should be 2 lines of vex, but it escapes me.

Thanks, Ken
Edited by Kfinla - 2017年11月29日 21:01:55
7816 posts
In type properties, change the expression type from ‘literal’ to hscript. This should make the default behave as if it were an expression on a keyframe.
Edited by jsmack - 2017年11月30日 01:50:41
  • Quick Links