Is there a quick "Promote Parameter" equivalent for SOP/DOP nets, like there is for VOPs?

5552   3   0
146 posts
As per title. In VOPs, there's the quick “Promote Parameter” option when you MMB-click one of a node's inputs. Super quick.

To do the same with other network types, I have to go into Edit Parameter Interface… and drop a Float or whatever in, then I can link that new parameter into my sub-network. Multiple steps, rather than just “promote parameter”.

Am I missing something obvious in the UI?
37 posts
The only slightly more convienient way I can think of is when you have the “edit parameter interface”-window open, you can drag an drop your target parameters directly in the middle column and then it’s directly linked, named and of the right type.

Hope this helps…but I would also like it to be even more convienient :-)

Cheers
146 posts
Thanks - I've raised an RFE
7801 posts
This functionality is more or less present for HDA:
Export Parameter to Type Properties ( Alt-MMB )

Promotion only works for parameters on nodes inside an HDA which has type properties dialog open. Promotion is only automatic if the destination can be known implicitly. For a parameter node, it is implied by the encapsulating VOP network (Builder SHOP/Attrib VOP/Volume VOP/etc. For an HDA, the type properties dialog must be open.
  • Quick Links