How to add handles to multiparm stuff (like the Add SOP does)?

1514   2   1
146 posts
I'm trying to make something similar to the Add SOP but with more attributes on each point. The Add SOP lets you place an arbitrary number of points in locations you'd like, but only has one extra attribute (“W”) you can set for each point: I need three or four other attribs I'd like the user to be able to set for each point.

A multiparm block will let me do it - but I can't figure out how to add handles to the points in the same way the Add SOP does.

Ideally I'd like each point/instance to display not just a translate handle, but a rotation handle too - though I'd settle for just translate

Any clues on how I'd go about this? Normally I'd have a nose around a factory OP that already does what I want, but the Add SOP give no clues about how the handles are created or bound.
8555 posts
Add SOP doesn't have arbitrary amount of handles, just 25

so in a similar way you can create finite amount of handles on your asset and bind them to the parameter names that will belong to individual multiparm instances

or alternatively you can use python states to dynamically bind the handle to selected points or something
Edited by tamte - 2019年1月2日 15:34:14
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
146 posts
Thanks tamte - I was hoping there was a sneaky simple way, but manually setting them up will do for now
  • Quick Links