SOP Solver Doubts

1250   3   0
76 posts
Hey guys, I have been struggling with this setup all day. What I am trying to do is blow up this debris from the ground progressively as a trigger goes trough the shattered geo. I created a constraintnetwork and i am disabling some constraints overtime with a sop solver inside the Dop, then i am also trying to update the velocity of each piece that i created in SOP level by calling it with another Sop solver but i can't make it work. I am not sure i am using the sopsolver the right way. I know i am almost there but i think I am hitting a wall. If anyone could help it would bevery much appreciated.

Thanks
Francesco

Attachments:
SOPsolverPRoblem.hip (448.5 KB)

731 posts
I went to have a look but the file is missing /obj/COMBINE
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
76 posts
Hey mrcatfish,
thank you for taking the time, i must have been very tired when i uploaded the scenefile.

Here the update

If you happen to have any better workflow for this I will gladly accept any suggestion

Frankie

Attachments:
SOPsolverPRoblem_update.hip (431.1 KB)

731 posts
I think you over-thunk it a bit. I mangled your file so the constraints are being deleted in SOPs… there is no need to do it in DOPs. This gets rid of the whole solver bit in DOPs. I do use a Solver SOP to accumulate the point color I am transferring from your trigger to the constraint network so the constraints don't come back. I am then just deleting the constraints in SOPs.

It does look like the way you cut up your geo might need some work…. when it's unpacked and the normals are cusped, you can see that it's pre-shattered.

Attachments:
SOPsolverPRoblem_update_sean.hipnc (461.1 KB)

Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
  • Quick Links